Sunday, May 10, 2009

School work

Although me and my class are reading a pretty lame novelette, i've still managed to squeeze a couple good journals out of it, like Do good parents (and teachers) make good children? Can good parents make bad children etc etc. And also a journal about growing up, which got me responses ranging from the discovery that Santa is a lie, to previously believing that parents are teachers knew everything when really they don't know much at all, to this:

"When i was young i used to think the communist government was the best in the world. But now i think it's kind of evil. I used to think that chairman Mao was better than god, but now i think he was just a man..."

Boy, this stuff is pretty juicy. I could use more of these students, and less of the incurable slackers.

No comments: