Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Run Run Run Run Run, Take a Race or Two

Well, gettin' a bit more running in these days. Two wks ago was the Beijing Long Distance Running Festival, which was a bit of a ramshackle 10km race (check out my story Sweat, Sales Pitches and Scandal at http://williamwangwrites.tumblr.com/post/48030569477/sweat-sales-pitches-and-scandal-at-the-beijing-running)

and then the following wkend was another 10k race, out in the suburbs, weird course starting at a superduper posh international school, which progressed through some of the shittiest, stinkiest, poorest hutongs seen in Beijing proper.

But the exciting news is that Yoyo came out for both of them!

We ran the 1st race together, which was mellow and fun. Then the next race, she was like, "Don't worry about me. You just run ahead." and I was like, "well, yeah, that's what I was planning to do, ha."

Anyhow, 10k was way harder than i was expecting, (longer than i thouht, wanted to puke etc, etc) though i did manage to get my 45 minute goal.  Yoyo was somehow about 10 min faster solo than when she ran w/ me. Go figure. Go Yoyo!






No comments: