Unexpectedly, i had a very nice day today. Sorry for sounding so cynical as of late.
But only one event worth reporting on.
F I R E !!! (drill)
But (surprise surprise) it's not quite the same deal as in Canada.
1) Community staff "mysteriously" stationed at all the stairwells 20 minutes before the scheduled alarm
2) Kids bolting down the stairs and through halls
3) REAL smoke filling the 1st floor, choking kids and staff
4) Smiling staffers strategically positioned with cameras throughout
5) A carefully prepared show of the firecrew squirting water 50 ft into the air.
6) Kids all running away from their classes so as not to miss the show (and who could blame them?)
7) The verbiose Chinese principal pontificating through a mike about how teacher's must sacrifice their lives for the students.
Anyhow, it was all pretty entertaining, if not exactly useful in terms of saving lives.